Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tarva Ta Da!

Hey Notebook Readers! Hope all is well today! I'm excited to share a new project! A client has asked me to turn the IKEA Tarva dresser, which sells for $149 into a totally different piece. Check it out!






we all know IKEA pieces can be a pain but my one piece of advise is to TAKE YOUR TIME when putting it together...one wrong direction and you will be kicking yourself at the end




once the frame was put together I begun staining it a walnut gel stain that is easily applied with a foam brush...let set and apply second coat if you want it darker. With most natural woods a second coat is necessary because the wood will really suck up the stain!

Remember to brush the stain on in the direction of the wood grain too!


After putting all the drawers together I painted them a high gloss white


here is a sneak peak of the final product...I'm still waiting for the gold ring pulls to get in and the piece will complete...and AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment