Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Creating a Frame!

I posted last week about these barn wood frames I found off Etsy for a client wanting to create a gallery wall. They were a natural wood but I sprayed them a light pass of white. They turned out great but the frames did not have any of the hardware together...here's a step by step to finishing a frame!


here is the white washed frame


the finished back


have the correct size glass cut


cut out your picture

(My client had all these old photographs of her family that she wanted to re size in black and white...I went up to Kinko's and copied them to the correct size...I copied all the pictures for under $5)


center the frame bracket


nail in the bracket


place cardboard behind the photo


I used glazier points to hold the glass, picture, and cardboard

(glazier points only cost $2 for about 50)


using a putty knife I pushed the glazier points into the side of the picture frame



hang and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment