So I had a request for some throw pillows and decided last night to pump them out. I didn't incorporate a zipper so if you know how to sew this is a great way to make a simple fold back throw pillow!
1. Choose a pillow size. My pillow insert is 18" x 18".
2. Cut the fabric for the pillow cover. You'll need three pieces to make the cover – one front piece and two back pieces. The front piece will need to be 2" larger than your pillow - for my 18" pillow I cut a front piece that is 20" x 20". The two back pieces will need to be as wide as the front piece and long enough so that they will overlap. In my case, the back pieces are 18"w and 15"long.
3. For the two back pieces, fold the fabric approximately ½" along the long side of the fabric, then fold it over again and pin it. Next, sew this hem.
4. Pin the two back pieces, inside out, to the front piece. Make sure the sewn seam of the two back pieces overlap in the middle of the pillow.
5. Sew around the outer seam with a ½" seam allowance.
6. Turn the pillow sham right side out then stuff with the pillow insert.