Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 22, 2014

DIY ALERT! Add some detail to any space!

Good morning Notebook readers! I hope everyone is about geared up for tis memorial day weekend! Today I have a DIY alert my mom and I completed this past week at Boy and I's new house!
 
 
We wanted to add some detail in our family room but our budget is tight. I had seen a tall char rail detail in PINTEREST so I did some research and check out what we did!
 
 
 
We used furring stripes from our local big box store for $1.32 for an 1" x 3" x 8' piece. Our room is 61 linear feet...so we accomplished this room for under $75!!! We used a nail gun, provided by my awesome father in law :)
 
We started with the top if the chair rail which I wanted it hit underneath the window sill.
 
 
Once we finished the chair rail we used a level to hang the vertical furring stripes and then the actual chair rail lip, which is an added detail and will be able to hold some picture frames.
 


Check it out!!! We painted the bottom half a crisp white and the top half Revere Pewter which I love as a greige color! 


 
This ended up being a three day project...we caulked the wood prior to painting to fill I any cracks showing. Just love a good project and an amazing outcome!!!
 
Have a great Thursday!
 


1 comment:

  1. Love this Meg! Can't wait to see your new house! xoxo
    moc

    ReplyDelete