Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 29, 2014

DIY ALERT! Acylic Rod and Greek Key Finials!!!

So I was super pumped for this DIY...acrylic curtain rod with greek key finials. who would ask for anything more? Check out how I got from a bunch of parts to a one of a kind curtain rod...oh and the panels I sewed are perfection(maybe not the seam but the print of them :))
 
 
 
 
I used square wooden dowels and cut them 2" and the smaller turn pieces 1"
 
 
I then added Gorilla glue and put a little tape around them until the glue set
 
 
for the finial ends I used 1 1/4" PVC pipe end caps. I drilled a hole then a screw into the end cap
 
 
I then used painters tape to smooth out the screw ridges
 
 
I then used the Gorilla glue again to place the greek key shaped finial onto the end cap
 
Here is the fabric and acrylic rod I purchased from US Plastic. I purchased a hollow acrylic rod for $53 for two 6ft...such a good deal! The fabric is Dwell for $21 a yard from fabric.com
 
 
 
 
Check it out!
 
 
Yes the ceiling in the guest is green! More detail on this room to come!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Omg I am obsessed! You are brilliant! Greek Key Finials were $70 each!!! About to save a ton. Gracias!

    ReplyDelete