Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 21, 2013

I'm obsessed...

The final product of my gray/white washing job for a client has made my day.You know when something just goes smooth, no major touch ups or in life trial and errors. Check em out!

Happy Friday too!






I wrote about the first two passes of this bench here but it was a pass of a brown wash then a light gray wash...I used a faux glaze that was 1 part paint to 3 parts glaze. They sell it at your local hardware store...after applying thin light brush strokes of this mixture I used a rag to wipe away the excess paint...layer by layer it began to look like the finish product above! Clients happy I'm happy! And she loved it! Happy to make a special nook or bench in a home that much more cozy.


This brick was just not the look client wanted in her family room...we debated over how dark or light we wanted the white wash, which was a mixture of 2 parts semi-gloss white paint to 1 part water mixed well. Same approach you brush on the mixture and then use a rag to wipe down the excess. 





Love how this fireplace turned out...now only if Boy and I had one of these...Oh the the possibilities

Rock it this first summer weekend Notebook Readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment