Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thrifty Thursday Today!

Hey Notebook readers...So some of you may know that my Mom is a very talented seamstress and owns her own company Mostly Monograms! She has run her work shop out of our basement but now has an amazing shop in Bethesda, MD!
 
 
So she is a very busy woman...After years of her helping me with projects I decided to take it upon myself to help her and organize her work space. We all know organization is key and everyone has here own form of it..so I took all that into consideration before gutting her space.
 
 
Check out the before and afters...I was able to repurpose a lot of her furniture which saved a ton of money...and with a fresh cost of paint it look s good as new!!!
 
BEFORE
 
 
 
 
AFTER
 
 
 
I created a new shipping and gift wrapping station using the shelving unit that was her desk!
 
BEFORE
 
 
 
AFTER
 
 
 
 
I painted her filing cabinet white and added an IKEA base cabinet to house her printer and cricket cutter! The desk top is a hallow door from your local big box store for $18! I also repurposed the shelves from her original desk which got a fresh coat of white paint too! All her trade magazines are now organized by using IKEA magazine holders which I got 5 for $2.
 
BEFORE
 
 
This was the my Mom's original gift wrapping station that I consolidated onto the Elfa sheving unit. And her built in shelves for her fabric is now covered with a cute monogrammed curtain.
 
AFTER

 
It was a good three day project but well  worth it! She was so happy with the results too!
 
Happy Organizing Notebook Readers!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment