I found this foot stool last year at a thrift store for $5. I recovered it with burlap but recently it got a bit tattered. Boy uses it everyday to post up after a long days work so for an early Valentine's Day gift I recovered again last night with a bit of a twist from last time...check it out!
old and tattered
the older fabric which you can clearly now see was not much my style
using a utility knife I cut all the excess fabric and foam off
leaving me with a fresh piece of plywood
I add new foam which I sprayed adhesive to attach to the plywood
I laid the burlap over the stool and cut the excess off
then I measured how much black fabric I would need to create a geometric pattern on the top of the foot stool
using orange thread I sewed the balck ribbon on to add a bit of a touch
I then used my staple gun to secure the burlap to the bottom base of the stool
Happy DIYing Notebook Readers!
Now all I need to do is paint and reupholster the new club chairs as well as replace the window panels! More to come from the apartment of Boy and I!