Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Put your feet up and relax!

I found this foot stool last year at a thrift store for $5. I recovered it with burlap but recently it got a bit tattered. Boy uses it everyday to post up after a long days work so for an early Valentine's Day gift I recovered again last night with a bit of a twist from last time...check it out!

old and tattered



the older fabric which you can clearly now see was not much my style



using a utility knife I cut all the excess fabric and foam off


leaving me with a fresh piece of plywood



I add new foam which I sprayed adhesive to attach to the plywood



I laid the burlap over the stool and cut the excess off



then I measured how much black fabric I would need to create a geometric pattern on the top of the foot stool


using orange thread I sewed the balck ribbon on to add a bit of a touch


lookin good!


I then used my staple gun to secure the burlap to the bottom base of the stool


Final product!


Happy DIYing Notebook Readers!

Now all I need to do is paint and reupholster the new club chairs as well as replace the window panels! More to come from the apartment of Boy and I!


No comments:

Post a Comment