Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DIY ALERT

Today's DIY alert started when I saw a painted burlap pillow. I took that idea and applied it to creating a unique frame piece in the nursery I designed. 

Creating a nursery space for a baby and their new parents is about combining different textures, tones, and unique pieces allowing for the little one to grow!

These frame were on clearance at Michael's for a total of $20. 


Purchase some spray paint for $3.50 that will adhere to the lacquered frame 


got spraying in the backyard


purchased 3 yards of burlap from the thrift store for 1.49...total deal


measured out and cut the burlap to each frame size


spray adhesive the burlap to the back of the frame mat 


stenciled on the babies initials using a font that is delicate but bold



using acrylic navy paint and a small brush tip I got to work


final product lounging next to my remote!


Can't wait to drop it off along with the dresser I am doing for them(more of that to come tomorrow)

Happy DIYing!


No comments:

Post a Comment