Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Caitlin Creer Interiors=Love

I read Caitlin's blog everyday and I love love love her post today
about a single throw pillow on your couch!
 
Although I'm a happily married woman, I'm digging the singles scene, with pillows that is.

A few months back I noticed the big fluffy pillow above at my client Sara's house.
I was instantly intrigued. A single pillow, what a novel idea.
I usually have the more is better philosophy when it comes to throw pillows, but this clean look had me changing my tune.
This look is great for a few reasons:

1. It is a great way to give a lot of impact to the space with a single pattern

2. Those of us who have kids know all the pillows end up on the floor anyway,
so this would make for quicker and easier clean up.

3. It offers a more streamlined and tailored look and allows you to show of the lines of the sofa.

4. If there is a fabric you love, but the price tag scares you this is a
great way to employ the fabric because you only need 1 yard.

After I spotted this look at Sara's house I started noticing it all over.
 
This gorgeous spread is from Cococozy.
I love how the magenta pillow pops against that white sofa
 
A lovely Ashley Hicks pattern from John's Journal.
This lady might not be single, but she's certainly the star of the show.
 
embracing minimalism
 
big and fluffy from Southern Living
 
Bright and cheerful from BHG.

So what do you think?
Do you like the single pillow look or do you think your pillows should have company?
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter.
 
Check out Cailtin's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment