I saw Caitlin Wilson's DIY and had to share! So creative...you could change up the shade color and ribbon color to make it your own!
I just sold this ikea lamp and shade (that I bought on sale at pbkids) to a darling Dubai reader today (along with a load of furniture & accessories).
I had planned on doing a DIY on another lamp with navy blue ribbon but somehow I never got around to it. With that said, this would be a super simple DIY. All you need is a
- 1/4" or 1/2" grosgrain ribbon
- a hot-glue gun
- measuring tape
1. Measure the circumference of the lampshade.
2. Decide how big of diamonds you want and divide the circumference by that number
3. Pencil those markers on the top and botton rims of the shade
4. Glue the ribbon to a marker on the top
5. Then, on the bottom rim, move two markers to the right and glue that ribbon to the bottom rim and then trim the end
6. Repeat until you're back at marker 1.
7. Overlap a new ribbon on marker 1 going the opposite direction and glue down
8. Moving towards the bottom marker (2 to the left), alternate weaving the ribbon under and over the ribbon going the opposite direction so it is secured by the weave.
9. On the bottom rim ( two markers to the left) glue down.
10. Repeat until you're back at marker 1.
11. Take two pieces of ribbon (same size as the circumference) and glue them around the top and bottom rims to hide any sloppy cuts or glue.
Hope someone tries it! It would especially good on a gourd lamp
Love it! Enjoy Here are some shades I found...light on the wallet too!
This shade I found for $20!
This classic black shade would look amazing with satin ribbon maybe this
cream color grosgrain ribbon...or make a bold statement with this
There are endless options...don't forget to pick up extra glue sticks...I always seem to "lose" mine before a project...but now that I am organized(cheers to the new work space) I have plenty...now that they are all housed together!