Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Creating warmth in your bedroom!




I have made a couple headboards in my day and they are a great DIY project for sprucing up any bedroom! Here is the headboard I made for my king...Creating your own headboard is an easy one...measure out the size of your bed, then purchase a piece of plywood cut to the width of your bed frame, after that choose a design for your headboard(see above), then purchase foam(which you can purchase at your local fabric store) that you will cut the same shape of the wood plywood design, spray adhesive the foam, wrap that with batting, and finally wrap the headboard in the fabric of your choice and staple gun!!!

I added piping along the edges of my headboard with a glue gun and it gave a great touch to the final project. Have fun and be creative.

Any comments/questions email mcnamaradesign@gmail.com

Here are a couple pictures of my headboard during Christmas...I added some wreaths above either side of the bed to add some Christmas spirit in the bedroom!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment